And what WorkComp Survival and Virtual Combat Skills can YOU recommend for each of these points?
The WorkComp industry has a number of industry blogs and injured workers have relatively few. Injured Workers are, on the whole, AFRAID TO SPEAK ABOUT THE ATROCITIES THEY EXPERIENCE! THEY FEAR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND RETALIATION. THEY FEAR THE ‘FLAWED’ REPORTS OF DOCTORS WHO CLEARLY WORK FOR THAT INDUSTRY. THEY ARE AFRAID BECAUSE THEY LOSE THEIR HEALTH, THEIR JOBS, THEIR HOMES, AND TOO OFTEN, THEIR VERY LIVES!
Lawyers who purport to represent and protect injured workers are often lax about blogging and speaking up. Sure, discussions over drinks at fancy conferences, but nothing that can really help save a life. Their organizations ban injured workers and their office staff often deal with injured workers with sheer contempt and disdain.
How few providers in WorkComp who actually know REAL INJURED WORKERS is astonishing! How few Adjusters and Defense attorneys have ever met any REAL INJURED WORKERS?
How often does an Injured Worker’s attorney ever meet face to face or take a phone call after the retaining papers are signed? This aloofness alllows them to call work comp horror stories ‘hyperbole’ — because if they really had to face the harsh realities of what their industry does to people around the world, those capable of feelings of guilt and shame would clearly be overwhelmed with remorse. The others, not so much.
How many WorkComp industry people actually allow Injured Workers into their social media discussion groups? Happy to report, more and more are doing so, and they may even be benefiting by discovering new perspectives!
“I BLOG, THEREFORE I AM A WORKCOMP SURVIVOR. BE ONE, TOO!”
So, if you like this blog, and if you’re a fan of AskAboutWorkersCompGravyTrains.com/list-of-posts/ nominate it for the ‘2016 Best Blogs’ event by WorkersCompensation.com
Bob Wilson and I see eye to eye on quite little, but I think it’s because he doesn’t really know too many real injured workers. When his own are hammered by the system, he has been known to publicly rise to the occasion, in some quite valiant words.
David DePaolo’s blog, DePaolo’s World, really walks the line and incites critical thinking by all parties, touching extremely sensitive and volatile topics, with profits AND the Common Good in mind.
So, “I BLOG, THEREFORE I AM A WORKCOMP SURVIVOR. BE ONE, TOO!”
Leave your comments below or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
WorkComp Survival and (Virtual) Combat Skills —
#WOW – It’s a WarOnWorkers! Who knew!!!
- Congratulations on Your Job! But Wait — about The Benefits! [‘All of This Because Somebody Got Hurt at Work’]
- Hurt on the Job? Uh Oh! HOPE FOR THE BEST — PREPARE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE
- Lawyer Up or Self-Represent?
- How does it work?
- Who are the Key Players?
- How do you get medical care? Hint: Cross your fingers and hope you don’t die first!
- What to Track: Money In/Money Out/Money Stopped; Doctor appointments — arrival, names, notes, tests, directions, prescriptions, off work notices; Get and read copies of all medical reports and appeals, get business cards of all parties. Line up a forensic accounting team; you’ll need it! “Magic Math” and “Funny Money” seems a standard operating procedure; “Calculation Obfuscations ‘R Us!”
- What to do if treatment is denied (and it will be denied, FACT! APPEAL, SQUEAL AND SQUEEK — JUST WHISTLE)
- Why Blog? What to blog — What not to blog?
- Suspect Fraud? Uh oh! FIGHT BACK!
- Suspect Collusion? Uh oh! FIGHT BACK!
- Did HR send a Get Well Card and Speedy Recovery Wishes?
- Are you disabled? File for Social Security Disability immediately if you expect to be off work 1 year or more (Hint: If it’s work comp, count on it! File churning, obfuscation of facts, fraud and chicanery often caused delay, denial, deceptions and death. FILE TODAY; If you’re lucky enough to get legit medical care and return to work, welcome to that “1%” crowd!
- Follow THESE Blogs – Comment on Industry Blogs
- Join the #CommitteeOfBloggers – WE WORK LIKE ANTZ – Use these memes and hashtags too!
- Lost your sanity, job, home and health? Uh-oh! Find an advocate to help you fight back – LEARN TO WHISTLE! #JustWhistle, #Tweet, #Blog, #Post, #Pin etc.
- Tell YOUR story here and there [What Happens When Americans Are Hurt on the Job? Help ProPublica Investigate] and Tell your Friends and Neighbors and Elected Officials…. do your best to BE SUCCINCT….. “What it used to be like, what happened, and what it’s like now” Figure you have 30 seconds to grab attention, and two minutes to hold it in a call to action. #Blog4TheCure
- Go Fund Me? If you don’t ask, you won’t get. TRANSCEND LEARNED HELPLESSNESS; BE CREATIVE! (Read also #TheFirstLeaflet)
- Join a Class Action in Your State or Nation
- Settlement Time? Yeah, right.
- Then What…. HOW DO YOU MOVE ON POST-WORK COMP? How to RISE LIKE THE PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES? Hint 1: study Rules of Verbal Self Defense against Corporate Psychopaths; Hint 2: see what the Harvard crowd suggests:
Ask: About Your Radiation This Week – Bob Nichols, Writer
Remember Remember that All Nuclear Reactor Leak All of the Time and that radiation poisoning compromises the immune system.
‘Pray for the Dead and Dying, Fight Like Hell for The Living, #DodgeTheRads and #OccupyVirtually
“I BLOG, THEREFORE I AM A WORKCOMP SURVIVOR. BE ONE TOO!”
WHAT ACTIONS CAN YOU TAKE TODAY?
Civil Rights & Human Rights Advocates:
PEOPLE OF GOODWILL:
FOLLOW THIS BLOG AT MY WORKCOMP COACH and SHARE IT. DISCUSS IT IN YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA GROUPS. EMAIL IT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FRENEMIES! BE CREATIVE!
WATCH FOR INJURED WORKER STORIES FROM THE WORKCOMP COUCH!